Monday, June 9

Run, Sylvia, Run!

I've been a jogger for about two years or so now. However, lately my jogging has slacked off. It's so much easier to have a jogging buddy. In my case, my buddy is my brother. He's in the army, so he's used to the brutality of running. We went running this afternoon (the first time for me in a month or so) and I'm proud to say I was able to jog just over 1 and 1/2 miles in a very short amount of time (without stopping/walking). My brother could practically run circles around me, but he's patient. My goal is that by Thursday I'll be able to break the 2 mile mark. Hey, I've got to step up the pace if I plan on surviving a kindergarten class!

Hmm.... maybe I'll sign up for a race later on this Summer or in the Fall. That would be fun and a great way to stay motivated!

3 comments:

{Amanda} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{Amanda} said...

Oh Sylvia, I'll run a race with you! (I just started back up this year too)

For me, a race is usually great motivation... There's just something exciting about the hype of Race Day. Keep up the good work girl!!!

Sylvia Grace said...

Amanda, that would be a lot of fun. I've never entered a race before, but I've seriously been thinking about it!