Friday, June 6

Favorite Quotes

I've decided that each week I'm going to post a favorite quote, poem, Bible verse, or excerpt from a book. I keep a quote book in my 'faith bag' (bag for Bibles, devotionals, etc...). I've been writing down my favorite quotes, Bible verses, songs, and sayings since I first got saved. Each week I'll flip through and find one that speaks to me. I found this quote in Oprah's magazine several years ago. I keep it on a sticky note stuck to my refrigerator. Here's this week's quote...ENJOY!

"We want the Spring to come and the Winter to pass. We want whoever to call or not call, a letter, a kiss- we want more and more- and then more of it. But there are moments, walking, when I catch a glimpse of myself in the window glass, say, the window of the corner video store, and I'm gripped by a cherishing so deep for my own blowing hair, chapped face, and unbuttoned coat that I am speechless: I am living!"
Marie Howe

No comments: