Thursday, June 26

A few of my favorite Christian Fictions

Those who know me best know that I love, love, love to read. I even started a book club at my church. I've always love Christian books, but only recently have I become a fan of Christian fiction. Here are a few of my favorites and some recent reads.

My first Christian fiction book was Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. If you have not read it then I beg of you to give it a try. Go right now and get a copy! You'll never regret this read. It's one of those books where you constantly think about the characters. After I finished the book I actually missed reading about the lives of these unforgettable characters. When I started the book club this was one of the books I introduced to the class. The book is based on the story of Hosea from the Bible. For those of you not familiar- God calls Hosea to marry a prostitute. Needless to say their early relationship is a bit rocky. I recommend reading the book of Hosea from the Bible before reading Redeeming Love. This way you can better connect the book to the original scripture.
Lately, my newest Christian fiction phase has focused on books about the Amish. Here are a few of my recent reads. I must warn you that in both series the last book is not out yet. I did not know this until I went to buy the last books. Now I'm in agony waiting for their release!

The Sister's of Homes County series by Wanda Brunstetter is a really good read. This series includes A Sister's Secret, A Sister's Test, and coming in July is A Sister's Hope.

My favorite series thus far is the Sister's of the Quilt series by Cindy Woodsmall. This series includes When the Heart Cries, When the Morning Comes, and coming in September is When the Mending Comes.

I highly recommend all of the books mentioned in this blog. But if I could make you read one it would be Redeeming Love. So give them a try and let me know how you like them. One word of caution- reading the Amish series may have an effect on you. In my case I began baking homemade bread! Happy reading to all who share my love of reading- you are my kindred spirit!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.