Sunday, June 15

Happy Father's Day!


My Dad is no ordinary dad. The story of how this wonderful man became my father is not ordinary. My Daddy met me shortly after my first birthday. He fell in love with me and I was adopted on April 4, 1988. (April 4th is also my husband's birthday- the two most significant men in my life have a strong connection with that day. Neat right!) My Daddy has always been my hero! Growing up Daddy filled my childhood with wonderful memories through fishing trips, hunting trips, going swimming, building 'forts' and tepee's, and just having a good 'ole time! Even as an adult my Daddy continues to influence my life. He's taught me to love gardening and the outdoors. He's always teaching me something, even when he doesn't realize it. My Daddy is a hard working, Christian man. Growing up, he always made sure that we were taken care of, had what we needed, and provided most of what we wanted. Now, I realize having what we needed and wanted meant that most often he went without. Today I am more thankful than ever to have been blessed with such a wonderful Daddy!

I also have a wonderful father-in law. Little Bobby (my husband) lived with his dad most of his life. My husband was named after Big Bobby, and if you ask me they look just alike! I jokingly blame Big Bobby for my husband's racing obsession. Never the less, Big Bobby is a fun person to hang out with and I couldn't have asked for a better father-in law! Since our race cars/shop is at Big Bobby's house, we see him quite a bit. Every year at Christmas we enjoy watching a good father vs. son pool tournament. Both men are excellent 'pool sharks'!










Happy Father's Day to both of our Dad's!
We love you!


And Happy Father's Day to the best grandfather ever, my Poppy John!
We love you too!


No comments: