Monday, March 31

Genesis to Revelation, and Shallow Hal

For the past few weeks I have felt God urging me to read His word. I spend time in prayer and the Word daily, but this is different.

I have a sense of urgency to read His word from beginning to end.

I researched different reading plans, because I knew I wanted to do it in a short time frame. I had originally planned to do this three month reading plan. However, after much prayer and thought, I decided to commit to reading the Bible in one month.

That's right. One month. As in 31 days.

Daunting, yes. But I know that God is wanting to show me something. I'm not sure if it's a specific scripture, or the bigger picture I will see when finishing. All I know is He has placed it on my heart and I have committed to obeying.

For anyone who would like to follow along and pray for me during this month, or if you would like to take on this challenge, you can find my reading plan here.

So, yesterday I committed to the challenge and spread the word to my friends so they can help encourage me and hold me accountable. I read yesterday's assignment and already saw things I have missed in the past.

I am a detail oriented person. Usually, I am focusing on the who-what-when-where-why questions. This time though, I am focusing on God. I am on the look out for Him in each situation. Constantly asking myself  "How is God moving here...how is He responding to this situation..." I want to know His heart more, His character.

Now, I know you are wondering why I mentioned Shallow Hal in the post title. Let me just tell you how the Devil works, my friends.

After I finished yesterday's reading assignment, I was pumped. On fire. Confident. I couldn't wait to devour more of the Word. I went to bed perfectly fine. Then around 2:00 a.m. I woke up because I felt like something was in my eye. I flushed it with saline, and tried to go back to sleep.

When I woke up this morning, I couldn't keep my left eye open. Last summer, you may remember me posting about this, I had a bad scratch/tear on my cornea. I was afraid that had happened again, so I called my dear friend, T, and had her chauffeur me to my opthamologist. After all, I have a beach trip coming up in a few days and that leave no room for crazy eyes.

Luckily, no bad scratch on my cornea, just some abrasions around my eye. Enough to irritate it and cause it to burn/water. He game me some antibiotic cream to use every two hours, so ya'll, I now look like Shallow Hal when he faked a sickness and put vaseline in his eyes.


Yes. I look gross.

I was so worried because I obviously cannot read today. Heck, I can barely see! I am determine not to falter on this committment, though. My husband and I have a Bible app on our phones that will read the Word aloud to us, so I will take that route, and meditate on the passages, until I can read. That will keep me from falling behind :)

Spiritual warfare, no doubt. If I wake up tomorrow with my right eye irritated, then on my way to the doctor, I will make a little detour to the church and have someone anoint me with oil and pray over me. Seriously.


I had planned to do a special each day this week in honor of my sweet one turning two years old. Be still, my heart. Obviously, I have had a set back but hope to have one of them up tomorrow or Wednesday.

Hope your Monday doesn't include a bad case of crazy eye!
 photo Signature3.png

No comments: