Monday, January 27

Monday Hodgepodge



Krispy Kreme Sale
Oh my, can I just lament on how cold it was Saturday morning? Thank goodness we sold out in record time, because my toes were beginning to freeze.
A big thank you to everyone who came out and supported our team!


Snow
As we get closer to the big day, the chances for snow keep going up. I am sooooo excited about the possibility of snow! I cannot wait to let Mary Grace play in her first snow :) If you've never lived in the deep South- let me fill you in on the situation. When the first forecast of snow appears, no matter how small, people suddenly lose their minds, buy 6 loaves of bread and 200 cases of bottled water. Oh, and did I mention that every.single.thing shuts down- even if it's just snow flurries. Having lived in Indian where 2 feet of snow is considered normal, I see the humor in it. I'm just praying for the ice to stay away and the power to stay on.


Sweet Treat Overload
My house is not the place to be if you are trying to watch what you eat. If you were to walk into my kitchen right now you would find a box of krispy kreme doughnuts {we've already devoured one box}, a chocolate chip bundt cake {you can find the recipe here}, and amish friendship bread I baked  yesterday. I am meeting my daily caloric intake by 10:00 am, but I'm claiming the quote above to be true ;)


A Hunger for the Holy
When looking for a new study for our Bible group, our pastor mentioned this as an option. We ended up choosing a different study by Kyle Idleman {gods at war}, but something about this study just stuck with me. I ended up picking it up at Lifeway and it is so good. It's all about nurturing your intimacy with Christ. I'm beginning to think it was written just for me, because every day it has impacted me so deeply. I highly recommend it.


Happy Monday, lovelies!
  photo Signature3.png

No comments: