Friday, January 31

Friday Five

What a week it has been in our small town.

I'm gearing up for a jam packed weekend: overnight trip to Nashville, my Dad's birthday, church, play dates... oh my!

On to today's edition of the Friday Five.

Uno. The Music City
I am currently en route to Nashville for a VBS conference with some of my church sistas. While we are going for a conference, this lady is going to pretend we are on a mini vacay :) My sweet husband is on duty tonight and tomorrow- I know sweet Mary Grace is going to enjoy her time with Dada. I think getting out will do all of us a bit of good. Cabin Fever was beginning to set in and after being cooped up for three days with a rambunctious toddler, Mommy and Daddy need a break. MG has been asking about her Nannie, Bubba, and Duke {the dog} for days now, so I know she'll be ecstatic to spend a few hours with them.

Someone likes it :)

Dos. Violette Pinafore and Leggings
What do you do when you're stuck at home for three days? You dream of Spring and start sewing sweet little outfits for those gloriously warm days. I made this little lovely and cannot wait for warmer weather so she can wear it out. The top was oh so easy- I foresee making many of these for little miss. {Please overlook the safety pins on the top- I've got to find some super cute buttons}.




 Tres. Forgotten God
When I wasn't sewing or chasing the wee one, I was busy catching up on some reading. I finished this book {finally} and highly recommend it. I say finally because I've been working on it for a couple of months now. I tried to really marinate on what it had to say. It focuses on the Holy Spirit and it's role in our lives. Definitely made me view the Holy Spirit and in a whole new way.

Qutro. Snuggle Buddy
Louie may be the only one excited about the freezing temperatures. It was his excuse to spend a couple of nights inside, snuggled up with me. Although I'm not sure what was worse- braving the freezing temps outside or having Mary Grace chase him relentlessly inside.

Cinco. Birthday Wishes
I saved the best for last. Today is my sweet Daddy's birthday. I hate that I'm traveling and cannot be there to sing to him in person ;) While going through my camera photos, I came across this sweet treasure. Priceless.

Happy Birthday, Daddy! I cannot wait to see you tomorrow!


That's all I have for today. Check back tomorrow for a glimpse into our snow days.

Now, head on over to The Sowell Life and check out Joy's Friday Five- along with others who have joined the fun!

Happy Friday!
  photo Signature3.png






2 comments:

Joy said...

I am LOVING that outfit!!! Too adorable! Y'all have a safe and fun time in Nashvegas this weekend, and I'm sure baby girl is in good hands with her daddy. He will probably have a new appreciation for you after you return. Ha! And y'all have fun celebrating a special birthday! Happy Friday and thanks for linking up today! Enjoy your weekend!

Brianne said...

That outfit is too adorable! You did good. Have a good time in Nashville.