Thursday, January 2

Mommy's Day Off

Miss Mary is having a fun day with Nanny J and I'm enjoying a quiet house and a cup of java.

Oh, how I have needed this.


Usually my day off from mommyhood consists of shopping, running errands, or cleaning. Not today, lovelies. Not today.

The house is spotless, the pantry is stocked, bills are paid, and every sock is mated.

No, today is not a 'catch up day'. Today is mommy's day.


Well, technically I have a full day of online real estate work, but hey, I can do that from the comfort of my favorite chair while sipping coffee. So, in my book it still counts as a day off :)

Mommyhood is hard. It doesn't matter if you're a working mom or a SAHM, you need a day every now and then to spend solely on yourself. I've been on both sides of the fence- I've worked and now I am at home- neither is easier than the other. They both have their good and bad days, their pros and cons if you will. I can tell you honestly that I work harder now than I ever did teaching. Truth.

Alas, today is my day and I am going to soak up every drop of it- eating breakfast and lunch actually sitting down, the quiet, the slower pace.

Happy Thursday!
 photo Signature3.png

No comments: