Thursday, January 9

Christmas and New Years {2013} In Pictures

First up- lovely Christmas frocks. Mary Grace donned some cute Christmas attire made by your's truly. The week leading up to Christmas, I took  her picture every morning so I could put them in her baby book. There was only one outfit I didn't get a picture of- it was a sweet little nativity scene top with minky dot ruffle pants. I love making things for my little model ;)
{Christmas tree alpha applique with red minky dot ruffle pants}



{girly reindeer applique with minky dot ruffle pants}



{Ho-Ho-Ho applique and matching polka dot ruffle pants}



{Chevron dress with bow and Santa applique}
The weekend before Christmas, we spent time with my grandparent in Philadelphia. It was also my grandmother's birthday weekend- fun times!
{Christmas with Poppy and Marlene}


{Sporting their cute matching sweatshirts}

{Photo time at the camphouse}

{She loved 'riding' the lawnmower- ha!}




{me and my sweet mini}



{Feeding the fish}


{The Grimes women after church }

{Marlene, me, MG, and Vickie}



Christmas Day
We were sick with a yucky cold, so we spent the day at home. I cooked breakfast, we did gifts, then I cooked a ham and other yummies for lunch. Family stopped by throughout the day and we loved seeing everyone!


{Christmas morning at our home}





{The toys and the MESS! A good mess, though.}

{Christmas night Mima stopped by with goodies}

{Stocking from Mima}


{Mozart in the making}
These are just a few of the pictures we snapped. We visited my Dad and Bob's Nannie on Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas day, Bob's mom, dad, sister, and niece stopped by- we didn't snap pictures of those visits, but instead we got some great videos :)

New Year's Eve & New Year's Day
We headed out to the shop for a few fireworks and some games of pool for New Year's Eve. Mary Grace wasn't fond of the fireworks on the Fourth of July, so I was a bit leery of how she would react this time. To our surprise she LOVED them! She had a blast with the sparklers {supervised, of course} and loved watching Daddy and I with the bigger ones.

New Year's Day I cooked the traditional pork, peas, greens, and cornbread dinner. We ate our fill, so hopefully 2014 will be filled with luck, health, and money :)



{My husband is a bit of a pool shark- looks like Mary Grace may have her Daddy's pool skills,too}



I hope you enjoyed our holiday recap! 
Happy Thursday, friends!
 
 photo Signature3.png


No comments: