Monday, January 20

Birthday Weekend Recap

Oh my, I am getting so close to 30. Yesterday I turned twenty-eight. I'm excited about this age, but I think this is the age I will stop at ;) Remember when I mentioned that I have a thing with odd years? Even years always bring with them exciting things
At 22 I graduated from college.
At 24 I finished my Ed.S. degree and bought our first home.
At 26 I had my daughter. Our little blessing from above.

I wonder what 28 will hold? Possibly our home selling? Starting an adoption process. We shall see.

Yes, I claimed the entire weekend as my special time. Today counts too, in case you didn't know :) The only good thing about being born in the middle of January when it's too cold to have 'fun birthday parties' is MLK day. It always falls right around my birthday, so I always get a three day weekend off for my special day. Be jealous.

Friday.
Mary Grace and I spent Friday afternoon with our pastor's sweet family. I had been asked to teach sweet KJ how to work her new sewing machine. She was so excited and her happiness is just contagious. Love that sweet girl!

Saturday.
My husband did a bit of light grocery shopping for me so I could relax in my jammies. He came back with ice cream, cup cakes, and birthday candles. We had our own little 'party' at home. Mary Grace has mastered blowing out the candles- just in time for her big second birthday.

Our computer crashed. Is it just me or is that like the number one most frustrating thing in the world? We took it to our pastor (who is very tech savvy). After thinking it over and praying, we decided to just upgrade rather than spend money on the older one.

We topped the night off with dinner at Mexico. MG's personality isn't the only spicy thing about her- apparently her appetite is also. She was devouring the salsa (which amazed everyone since it was so hot). Thankfully my husband feels the same as I do about having waiters singing to you, so he didn't give away our reason for eating out. I had no intentions of a singing group hover around me and shove ice cream up my nose (which is really what they do!). FYI: don't eat out with my mom on, or around, your birthday unless you are okay with embarrassment. She will rat you out. Every. Single. Time.

Sunday.
Sunday morning was our usual routine of Sunday school followed by morning worship. After church we headed to see my dad for my special day.

 Then we were off to Best Buy in search of a new computer (which I am claiming as my birthday gift ;) ) We ended up getting a laptop and a wireless router for our DSL. We figured since we may be moving soon, a laptop offers a bit more flexibility and will not take up as much space.
My view as I'm drafting this post :)

Before leaving town we made a pit stop by A&W Root Beer (my favorite). The little one was beginning to get pretty ill at this point since she had not napped. After dropping my two loves off at home, I headed to evening worship.

My SIL called to wish me happy birthday and share some exciting news: I'm going to be an aunt again! Our family is so excited for another little one to join the mix! I know it's too early to start calling things, but I am feeling a baby boy is on the way :)

Neat little story behind this: A couple of weeks ago I woke up with my SIL on my mind. I felt led to pray for her, so I did. I was a bit worried because the last two times this has happened, something not so good had occured. I texted her and told her I was lifting her up in prayer and hoped that everything was okay. I had a feeling it had something to do with a pregnancy. When she called me, she said they had just found out the night before I texted. She joked that she and my brother can't keep anything from me, because Jesus always lets me know something is happening. Now I know why she was on my heart so heavily.


There you have my weekend recap. Glamorous, right? haha
Today is jam packed for me. I'm spending time with my bestie- who, by the way, finds out what she is having today! I'm team pink all the way, and of course, be on the lookout this week for the big reveal here on the blog. I have a little shopping to do and then a sewing class this evening. Busy but fun day ahead!

Happy Monday!
I hope you are one of the lucky ducks that have the day off!

  photo Signature3.png

No comments: