Tuesday, February 18

My Dancing Girl {A Letter To Mary Grace}

My sweet Mary Grace,

Last week you had your very first dance class, a fun Mom/Tot class for ballet and gymnastics. Oh, will you ever know how much I have looked forward to being part of these special things in your life? I've dreamed of taking you to dance since I found out we were having a darling little girl. Before your class, I pulled out my old leotards and costumes, my tiny pair of tap shoes and my first ballet shoes. My heart was so full of joy watching you play dress up in my very first dance leotard. I showed you pictures of me when I was your age, wearing my dance outfits. Seeing you dance at the very same studio I grew up dancing in was like looking back in time, watching me at your age.

I love that I am able to be part of these milestones in your life.

Oh, how I look forward each week to our special night together. Nights filled with giggles, ice cream, pink tutus, sweet baby curls, and ballerina twirls.

Seeing you so happy at dance is priceless. I know that you love and enjoy it just like I did when I was little. I adore how you will pat the chair in the living room, wanting me to sit so you can put on a show for me. You roll, jump, and twirl around, always clapping when you finish. You beam with such pride and accomplishment when you master a new dance or gymnastic trick.

How I want you to stay like this, just like you are today, forever. I catch myself holding my breath as I watch you, trying to memorize just how you look and sound. I know one day you will go into the world as a young woman, ready to make a life of your own. When that time comes, Love, I will think back to these days and cherish them with all of my being.

My time with you is a treasure. Each moment a precious diamond that sparkles in my memory.

I love your sweet, sweet spirit. Your pure heart. Your innocence. You spunky curiosity and your imagination.

I love you. Every part of you. My sweet, dancing girl.

Mommy




No comments: