Thursday, June 4

My husband's going to love this post!

After turning in my comps paper, then sitting through class all night, I was really looking forward to just being lazy today. I stayed up till 3 a.m. watching movies with the idea that I would sleep really, really late today.

The way my life has been lately, I should have known better....

My Dad called me this morning at 10:30.... so much for sleeping late.

I planned to go back to bed once I had talked to him, but just before I hung up the phone I happened to glance down at my wedding set.

One of the diamonds had fallen off! I looked in the bed, in the bathroom, on the floor- EVERYWHERE! I couldn't find it....

So, I freaked out! I jumped in the shower, got dressed, and drove the hour drive to Meridian to take it to the jewelers.

For Christmas a few years ago, my husband bought me a second wedding band to go on the other side of my engagement ring. When he bought it, he also purchased extra insurance on all three rings.

Thank goodness my set is ensured out the wazoo! The jewelers are replacing the diamond at not cost to me. It's all free! I just dropped it off and left!

And to think, I tried talking my husband out of having my rings ensured. I told him it was way to expensive (which it was), and that nothing would ever happen to them.

There's not many times in life I say this.....

My husband was right- and I was wrong!

I guess the saying is true - "You never know what's coming for you!"

2 comments:

Jamie Grizzle said...

1) Insurance is always a good thing when something like that happens!
2) I almost used the same blog background you did because it matches my header. It looks really cute on here!
3) My Sister's Keeper is on of my all time favorite books. You are going to love it. I can't wait until the movie comes out!

Sylvia Grace said...

So far I'm really enjoying the book. I hope I can finish it before the movie comes out! The previews look really good!

And yes, I'm really glad we had insurance! I would have been up a creek without it!

Thanks for the blog comment. I was browsing backgrounds trying to find one for my friend T and came upon this one. Every time I get started working on her blog, I always find something cute and change my blog! =)