Saturday, June 27

Indecisive

Helpful decorating advice needed....

I'm in the process of constructing our guest bedroom. I was originally going to do our office first, but I've changed my mind- mainly because I've yet to find office attire that appeals to me.

I have a blank canvas to work with- literally, there is nothing in our guest bedroom! I'm torn between these two beds:

This first bed is the one I've been eyeing for months now.
Before I would have never considered a metal frame bed- but after seeing this one, I'm in love. This bed just seems so warm and cozy! Plus, it's different- which was what I was going for! I also love how it fits in with my style- I love cozy, french country-ish, soft-suble colors. The name of this bed is Bellisimo- no doubt, because it certainly is very beautiful! =)



This second bed is one I happened upon a few days ago. I love it- but I'm hesitant to get it because it is almost EXACTLY like the one we bought last summer for our master bedroom. The only difference is ours is a sleigh bed and does not have drawers at the foot (but is the exact same color, same rustic/country cottage feel, and has the same bead board trim).
In fact, our bedspread and linens have blue hues almost identical to the bed spread pictured. I'm fighting the urge to pick this one by telling myself that I should not decorate our guest room just like our master bedroom. I'm wanting something different- but this is still soooo pretty and definitely my style! (In our master bedroom I went for the french country-cottage look).

So, which one should I choose?


On a side note: I've found the perfect sewing table for only $100! It's a steal! I wanted something that would close back up so that you couldn't tell it was a craft/sewing table. Plus, I wanted a good bit of storage and table top space. Here's what I found...... Love it! What do you think?
You would never know it was a sewing station.....

.......until you opened it up.

It has a rack at the back (above the sewing foot pedal) to store your machine on. The rolling wheels are removable - but I kind of like being able to move it around. There is a leaf arm that lets up or down to provide more table top space. Plus, you can't beat it for only $100 bucks! I'm thinking of maybe painting it a cool, airy blue - then roughing it up with a wire brush to antique it. If I did paint it- it would go great with either bed (I don't want to over crowd our office, so until we get moved, I'm going to put my sewing station in our guest bedroom. I'm hoping to one day have a sewing/craft room- then I can get an amoire for our guest room) So, should I paint it or not- What do you think?

I found two colors on this chart that I liked...
They are- Pale Cadet (top row, second color)
November- Third row, third color).


Ahh.... decisions, decisions. What's a girl to do?

No comments: