Monday, June 29

Hey.....that's the way we do it......

....good friends and blue skies that never end. Hey......that's the way we like it- good times, sunshine, and summertime!

Love that song =)



Ahhh.... today I turned back time by 15 years.

How did I manage this? I went to the water park on a hot summer day!

Today, my dear friend Honey Cup and I went to Geyser Falls water park.

WE HAD A BLAST! I haven't had that much fun, or laughed that much, in a really long time. Part of my Goals for 2009 discussed back in January was to take time out of work to play and just live a little.

I had so much fun!

We arrived at the water park around 11 and stayed until well after four. We rode the rides, ate Dippin Dots ice cream to cool us off, floated around the lazy river at least 30 times, swam at the clear water beach,and then rode some more rides. Afterward, we headed to Chilli's to enjoy some good food, good conversation, and even better margaritas out on the patio. I then headed to Books-A-Million and purchased 3 new books to devour (another post coming on this soon).

I cannot say enough about how much fun I had today. I guess I'm in shock because I haven't had much fun in years- so I figured I had lost that ability. Well, today showed me that I still have the ability to run around a water park, swim, splash, play, and act like a kid- except now I can have a nice drink afterwards ;)

My mom is coming down July 15 and we're going again- I cannot wait!

I'm EXHAUSTED! I'm going to enjoy a nice cool shower, put on my favorite pj's, and climb into my bed and read my new book (but I know I will be out as soon as my head hits the pillow- I'm so tired). I wish I had taken a picture of my friend and I after our day of fun in the sun. I did snap one on my camera phone to capture the rosy color in my cheeks from soaking up the sun's fabulous rays!

But, alas! My summer fun is just beginning! Tomorrow after cello lessons, I get to spend the entire day with my best friend, Chickadee- swimming, tanning, having girl talk, reading, and enjoying ice cold margaritas!

Let the good times roll!

No comments: