Monday, June 8

Dips

Most of you may already know about this topic.....(I'm always behind!).....but I'll share it for those who may not!

My stepmom actually introduced this to me last week! It's a simple, quick, and inexpensive way to make your own dips. Just buy your preferred flavor packet of Hidden Valley Dips mix (found in the salad dressing isle), one 16 oz. carton of sour cream, mix the two together, and enjoy!

I had been using the Original Ranch Dips mix when I make Taco Soup- so, I should have known more about it! After all, on the back it does give the easy directions! =)

My two favorites so far are the original Hidden Valley Ranch flavor and the Fiesta Ranch flavor. It's ready to eat as soon as you mix it up- however, I found that the dips have more flavor the next day, after they've sat for a bit in the fridge. Each packet makes 16 0z. and is enough dip to use for a good while! It's cheaper than buying the traditional dips for chips and paying 3-4 bucks for just 8 oz.!

Give it a try and let me know what you think! I've also found really good recipes from the Hidden Valley Ranch website. The one I'm going to try next is the Spinach Dip recipe... I'll let you know how it comes out!

No comments: