Thursday, December 19

My Favorite Things {Christmas Edition}

I've been brainstorming blog ideas and realized that I haven't done a Favorite Things in quite a while. With all the Christmas festivities in full swing, I thought it would be fun to post my favorite Christmas lovelies.

Confession: I may have a slight Polyvore addiction, but it is oh so much fun :)

My Favorite Things {Christmas Edition}


  • {Movies} Nothing says Christmas quite like watching The Grinch, The Griswalds, or Ralphie from A Christmas Story. Now that I have a wee one, they are playing constantly at our home. We've watched the snot out of Rudolph and Frosty!
  • {Books} I love reading the Christmas Story from the book of Luke. It's nice to spend time reflecting on the humble beginnings our awesome God chose to enter this world through. Listen to the Silent Night is on of Mary Grace's favorites right now. She's into animal sounds so she requests it daily. I always read The Handmaid and the Carpenter, which is centered around Mary and Joseph's life together.
  • {Music} Nothing beats the voice of Bing Crosby singing classic Christmas songs. Lately my Pandora station has been set on the classic Christmas music sung by the greats: Louis Armstrong, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby.... the new stuff just doesn't compare.
  • {Hot Cocoa} I may be overloading my system, but lately I've been drinking at least two cups of this warm deliciousness every day- with marshmallows, of course!
  • {Christmas Crafts} If you visit my mom's home during this season, you'll find a plethora of Christmas crafts made by yours truly {and my little brother} cluttering every inch of her home. That's what makes a house a home during the holidays. Mary Grace and I are spending today and tomorrow doing some fun Christmas crafts- I'm talking painting, glue, construction paper... all the messy fun stuff.
  • {Pajamas} One of our Christmas traditions is to open new jammies on Christmas Eve. This makes those otherwise yucky-early-morning-no-makeup Christmas pictures a little less scary :)
  • {Yummy Treats} One word. Divinity.
  • {Christmas Dinners} Bob's family has a tradition of eating a fabulous Christmas Eve dinner. We go every year and it's one of my favorite things to do. I love having family together, seeing Mary Grace play with her cousins, and listening to the excitement as the wee ones talk about Santa coming.
  • {Christmas Decor} I turn on all of our indoor lights as soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning and often times they stay on all. day. long. My favorite time of day lately is those precious few hours after Mary Grace has gone to bed, when my husband and I sit and read/watch TV with the Christmas lights shining. So peaceful!
  • {Christmas Cards} I love opening our mailbox and seeing those colorful Christmas happies. I especially love the ones with family photos so I can see how the little ones have grown over the year! And yes, I keep them all. To me, that's part of the fun of decorating- pulling out Christmas cards from previous years and reminiscing.
Christmas is less than one week away! 

 photo Signature3.png

No comments: