Thursday, December 12

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

May your heart be light.

Little and Light are the two words that stick out most to me. This year I've tried to keep Christmas simple.

Last year I was so caught up in having the Pinterest Perfect Christmas. From spending hours baking and decorating the perfect cookies to spending gobs of money so my gifts had those fabulous hand-made bows topping them. I was miserable! I would get so frustrated when things didn't turn out perfectly that it made the process less than enjoyable. In a way I began dreading the very things that are supposed to be fun!

This year I am all about Pillsbury, twine bows, and simplicity.

I enjoyed putting up or Christmas tree so much more than last year simply because I made a point to enjoy the process rather than striving for the perfect product.

She loved digging out all the Christmas goodies!

A little Christmas music and a cozy fire :)

Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa {much more enjoyable than making the Pinterest mix :) }

Yummo!

Little Helper
Found these lovelies from last year- our picture with Santa and our 2012 Christmas card. So sweet!

Her ornament from last year.... Be still my heart!



Sweet little handprint!

From our honeymoon

From our first anniversary trip.
Let the Christmas season begin!



I let Mary Grace decorate the bottom of the tree with unbreakable ornaments. Then it is was naptime while I finished up. When she woke up and saw everything lit up, she kept saying "Awwweeee pretty". She loves the lights and is in awe of all the holiday fun!

Now, about those coookies. Pilsbury has ready to bake Reindeer and Snowmen cookies. Perfect for pairing with Rudolf or Frosty movies :) Mary Grace loves to 'help' make cookies by putting them on the cookie sheet.

 Simple. Fun. Enjoyable. Those are the Christmas memories I want to make this year.
  photo Signature3.png

No comments: