Wednesday, December 18

Loads of Love

This must be 'blog about laundry week' for me. I promise the rest of the week I will gab about something other than my least favorite chore.

On to today's topic: Loads of Love.
My husband and I have been married for nearly 8 years and I can count on one hand how many times I've done his laundry. I'm a pitiful wife, I know. It's just that for so long I was working and in school so my days consisted of 16 jam packed hours with little room for being a homemaker.

The other day while cleaning up I came across my husband's Not A Fan journal we did a few weeks ago. I casually flipped through it {feeling a tad guilty for reading bits and pieces}. I saw prayers for our daughter. I saw prayers and desires to be a better husband for me. I saw petitions for Jesus to help him fall more in love with Him- to go deeper in his faith. I saw a glimpse into his heart. I realized that I am a blessed wife and in turned wanted to do something to bless him in return.


So I decided to do something for him to help 'lighten his load' and ended up picking his closet/laundry. His laundry routine consists of two baskets: clean and dirty. He doesn't hang/fold anything, bless him. So, I spent a day washing every. single. piece of clothing he had. I cleaned and organized his closet and decided to make it part of my duty as a stay at home mom/wife.

I left a note on his closet door as a surprise when he came home. :) I love how this small little task helps lighten his load and show him how much I appreciate all he does as a husband and father.
I almost look forward to finding a full basket of dirty clothes that need washing and folding. I look at it not as a chore so much, but rather as a way to show my love.

No comments: