Tuesday, December 24

Merry Christmas

Christmas Eve is finally here and the wonderful festivities that make this season so special are in full swing. We will spend the next couple of days celebrating with family and friends, and most importantly, spending time reflecting on how the Word became flesh.

I plan to take a mini vaca from blogging, FB, and other social media so that I can soak up every moment of this wonderful season.

Before I sign off, I wanted to wish my sweet readers a Merry Christmas season. I hope that the true purpose of Christmas overshadows all the gifts and Santa. I hope you come to realize that Christmas doesn't come from a store, it cannot be bought. Christmas is about a precious gift that was given to us so long ago, but one that is still here today for us to receive: Jesus, Our Savior.
I hope you will take time to read the Christmas story. I'm not talking about reading it in a hurry so you can open gifts. I mean truly meditate on the enormity of it all, that Jesus was born destined to die...for me and for you.

This year my husband and I are starting a new tradition. We are giving a gift to Jesus for the upcoming year. We've prayed and reflected on what we could give of ourselves to deepen our love for Him and draw closer. This new year is going to be our year of sacrifice for Him on so many levels. I hope you will do the same. Whether it's more time with Him daily, being involved in church, faithfully tithing, mending broken relationships for Him, or doing more to be His hands and feet. What can you give back to the one who gave you the ultimate gift?

All He wants is you. All of you. Totally devoted to following Him. He wants you to fall so madly in love with Him that all else pales in comparison. He simply wants you. Do you want Him?

 photo Signature3.png

No comments: