Friday, December 20

Friday Five

Happy Friday, Lovelies!
For all of you last minute shoppers, this is the last big weekend rush! I have one small last minute gift to pick up, but thankful that it doesn't require having to go to the hot spots {i.e. the mall etc}

Here's today's Friday Five.

One. Mild Temps. Are we seriously a few days from Christmas? Judging by our mild weather, it feels more like Spring is approaching, rather than the holidays! No complaints here though- it was nice running in warmer temps this morning. The wee one and I are spending the day crafting on our back porch. I may even clean out my car and tackle my pitiful flower beds.


Two. Philadelphia. I am so excited to spend a couple of day with my grandparents for Christmas. Mary Grace and I are always spoiled by home cooked meals and having our favorite sweet treats ready and waiting on our arrival :)


Three. Bethlehem Revisited. This is a bit of old news for most, but Bethlehem Revisited was last weekend. We made a last minute plan to go Friday night with friends. It was just amazing. With everything revolving around Santa {we are praying about the Santa issue} it was nice to spend time reflecting on that Sweet Savior born for us all. I hope they continue to this every year, because we are hoping to make it a new tradition.


Four. Sweets Overload. Ya'll, for the sake of my figure and health, I have got to learn to say no to the yummy deliciousness that arrives with Christmas. Oh, but they are so good! Thank goodness I have another half marathon looming over me in February so I have no choice but to get in gear ASAP!


Five. Small Group Study. We just finished our short study on the Purpose of Christmas with our small group. We are gearing up to do another in January - Experiencing God. We are considering branching out into a third small group if we can get enough people interested. If you'd like to join us at our home for a small group study, let me know!

That's it for today, blogland. I must say I am quite proud of my blogging motivation lately- I posted something every day last week, and this is my fourth post this week!

You know what to do: Head on over to Joy at The Sowell Life and check out her Friday Five, along with others who have linked up. We'd love for you to join the fun!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, your 'mistletoes' turned out so much better than our's! Adorable :)

Sylvia Grace said...

Actually that is the picture from Pinterest :)
We did them on Friday afternoon and they turned out cute, but not quite as cute as the picture.
I'll post our finished product!

Thanks for reading!