Sunday, March 22

Spoiled By Spring Break

I will freely admit that Spring Break has severely spoiled me! My husband was home all week and we had a wonderful time doing whatever we wanted. We planted flowers, tomatoes, did a bit of yard work, visited friends, dined and hung around in Meridian a bit, went to the drag races, stayed up watching movies, slept late, pigged out on crawfish, and enjoyed the beautiful weather from Tuesday on!

With everything in me I confess that I do not want to go back to work! The warm weather, sunshine, and company of my husband has me dreaming of summer break! This summer I'll have three full months off- from May 29 till August 28! I cannot wait!

I don't mind going to work. In fact, I whole-heatedly love my job, my school, and my students! But now that Spring has arrived, I'd much rather be at home piddling around in my flowers, tomatoes, or hanging out with my Daddy and enjoying the warm weather and sunshine.

I'm now dreaming of those hot summer days filled with tomato sandwiches, fresh watermelon from my Daddy's garden, homemade ice cream, going to the races, vacationing at the beach, flip flops, having more time to read, and everything else that Summer entails.

Let the countdown begin!






On a side note.....
I have some exciting news, and I'm about to burst! I can't say much about it now, but hopefully I can let the secret out by the time school is out! We're keeping it under our hat for now- don't want to speak to soon. ;)

No comments: