Friday, March 13

Movies, Merlot, and Much Needed ME Time

Today, all of the forces were against me. It was inevitable that today would be chaos.

Let me explain.

People who work with kids for any length of time begin to notice how certain forces affect children in a negative way- thus causing the adults who work with them to venture onto the brink of insanity.

Today there were many forces working against me.
  • Today is Friday. Nuf said!
  • Not only is it Friday, it's Friday the 13th.
  • Today was a blue jean Friday. This was like adding gasoline to a raging fire!
  • It's raining. There is sufficient research to suggest that weather does affect the behavior of children. I figured this much out within my first 2 weeks of teaching!
  • It's the last day of school before we're out for Spring Break.
I bet by this point you know what I'm going to say.....

My kiddos were absolute horrid! I love my sweet peas dearly....
But, I'm ready for time away from the 'pea pod'!

So, next week I'm out on Spring Break. I didn't think I'd survive this week...but miraculously I made it through. Not quite as sane as I once was, but hey, I'm not complaining!

After the day I had, I'm in dire need of The 3 Magic M's.

Movies.
Merlot.
Much Needed Me Time!

After having an early supper with my good friend, Chickadee, we headed to blockbuster. I decided on three movies I've been wanting to see, but until now haven't had time. I really wanted to see them in theaters, but that's a blog for another day.
  1. I Am Legend. Not really a chick-flick, I know. But I watched the beginning and was sucked into it. Couldn't finish it so it's been on my mind for weeks now. I've got to know how it ends!
  2. Becoming Jane. I love Jane Austin, so I'm excited to watch this one. This is definitely a chick flick!
  3. The Other Boleyn Girl. Another chick flick I can't wait to watch.

I plan of spreading them out. I'll watch I Am Legend a few times tonight. Becoming Jane will rule my Saturday. Sunday seems like a perfect day to watch The Other Boleyn Girl at least a dozen times. =)

I also picked up a nice bottle of Merlot (my favorite), and some calorie-rich snack foods. Hey, if I'm going to go out, might as well go all out!

Now I'm off to enjoy The 3 Magic M's. Once I'm through with them, the world will be right again!



On a side note- I finally, finally settled on new coffee tables. Honeydo set them up last night. I'm in love! I ordered our couch last week, it's supposed to be delivered around Wednesday of next week. I can't wait! Tomorrow I have to go pick up the new chair and ottoman. I can't wait to start putting it all together!
Stay tuned for a blog on the new living room re-do coming soon.... until then, here's a preview to tide you over! ;)


2 comments:

Layla said...

How did you like The Other Boleyn Girl and Becoming Jane? I love love love them both. Rob bought me Becoming Jane, and I was so excited! He also bought me all the Jane Austen classics that were made into movies. I love them!

Sylvia Grace said...

I fell in love with The Other Boleyn Girl- I watched it eight times! I bought the book and just finished it about 20 minutes ago (I'm blogging about it now). I'm fascinated with the time period- it has definitely taken the place of my Amish obsession. I bought her other book, The Boleyn Inheritance and I plan to read it with the other books in the series.

I'll be honest- I was not happy with Becoming Jane. I thought the movie was quite boring- plus, I've never liked her books. I hate Pride and Prejudice. Becoming Jane just didn't stir me like The Other Boleyn Girl. I only watched it once.