Sunday, December 7

Oh Where, Oh Where Has Sylvia Grace Gone?



This week I disappeared, lost 6 pounds, and slept AT LEAST 18 hours a day. What could cause this? THE FLU! That's right- I have the flu. Thus far, I've severely lost this battle- no doubt, the FLU has gotten the best of me. No, I didn't get the flu shot. I've never gotten a flu shot- even when I worked in a hospital during the middle of flu season. This week has changed my view on this topic. Here's a recap of the last 5 days- which will not be much being as how I don't remember much but sleeping!

Over Thanksgiving holidays my Daddy had the flu- I'm assuming this is where I caught it from. Monday and Tuesday I had a stuffy 'head cold'. I felt bad, but not bad-bad. Tuesday I started getting chills- it went downhill from there. Tuesday night my right ear starting hurting really bad. I took some NyQuil (which I am a firm believer in- it cures everything) and went to bed. Wednesday I woke up and hopped into the shower- fully trying to go to work. While in the shower, I felt soooo dizzy and weak. I laid on my bed for a bit and realized I was too sick for school. I had a completely stopped up nose, headaches, chills, body aches, an ear ache, fever of 101, and nausea. So, I called in and went to the doctor. After doing lab work etc...he informs me that I officially have the flu PLUS fluid on my right ear. I get two shots in my booty- for which I cried like a baby in the middle of the Doc's office- a wagon load of prescriptions to take, and a stern warning to go home, stay home, and rest.

I got home from the doctor around 10:30 ish. I took my prescriptions (I have to take then twice a day) and the next thing I remember is waking up at almost 5. I've discovered that one medicine in particular knocks me out cold. Every night I take it and sleep like a baby. Then, when I wake up I have to take it again- remember, twice a day- so then I sleep till late in the evening. I slept this way all day Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and it looks like today will be no different. I've lived off of Campbell's soups, orange juice, and tangerines. Hey, there is a silver lining to this dark cloud- I've lost a bit of weight!

Yesterday I began feeling a bit better- I could slightly breathe through my nose, so I felt as if I'd accomplished something. I haven't had fever since Friday, so supposedly I'm not contagious. Saturday I ventured out for about two hours and had my hair cut- it was all I could do to make it back home. Once home, I passed out! Here it is Sunday, my congestion is gone, along with my ear ache. Now, the issue is my lack of energy. I'm sooooo weak and tired. I feel so weak and weary- I'm almost certain you can see through me, like a ghost! haha I'm DETERMINED to go back to work tomorrow. Today I need to work on getting some serious strength back.

This has been a yucky week. I hope I NEVER catch the flu again! Next year, I'll be the first in line to get the flu shot!

No comments: