Monday, December 29

Birthday Dinner, Tennessee Trip, and Christmas : Part 1

Hmm.....let's see. Now where do I begin?

Last Sunday I started off my adventure by heading to Meridian to celebrate my grandmother, Marlene's birthday. Me and the family met up at Saki Sushi (spelling?). It's a great little Japanese resturant. The food was delicious as well as the show they put on while cooking your food. We all had a great time! Here are a few pictures.
Here's a shot of Marlene's ice cream cup. You can kinda see they waiters in the background banging a huge gong while singing 'Happy Birthday'. Too funny!

The Family.

Me and sweet baby Evan! He is truly a Grimes with his blonde hair and blue eyes! All us Grimes' have those distinguishable traits!

After dinner my grandmother and I headed back to Philadelphia. Later that night we went to her church to watch the youth put on a Christmas Cantata. They were wonderful! I spent Sunday night with them then headed out for Tennessee on Monday morning. Early Monday, before I left for Tennessee, Marlene, Vicki (my aunt), and I ate breakfast at the cutest little coffee shop- The Coffee Bean. The food was good, the decor was great, and the coffee was even better! I will definitely have to stop by there next time I'm in town. I LOVE coffee shops!

I ended up taking part of the Natchez Trace into Tupelo- then headed up Hwy 45 to my mom's house. The scenery on the Natchez Trace was spectacular. I wish I'd had time to stop at some of the historic points. I'm a HUGE history buff. Oh well, maybe I'll save that for a later road trip! Once I got to mom's house we headed out to do some shopping. I was on the hunt for a cute dress to wear on Christmas day. I found the perfect dress- cream colored cashmere, knee lenght, with a turtle neck collar. I paired it with some brown leggings and cute brown heels. I did Christmas with mom then headed out Tuesday morning for home. I was EXHAUSTED by the time I arrived home- I was sick of being in my car! Overall it was a good trip and I enjoyed seeing my family for Christmas!

I'll post about Christmas Eve and Christmas day in Part 2. Stay tuned!

No comments: