Friday, December 26

The Aftermath

To me, the worst part of Christmas is what I call 'The Aftermath'. This is where the hype of Christmas is over, and it's time to clean up, organize, put away, and prepare for the upcoming Spring. For some reason, the minute Christmas is over I begin daydreaming of those early Spring days. I know I still have about 3 months to go, but hey, a girl can dream can't she!

Every year I clean up the aftermath on Christmas night. So, true to form, last night my husband and I spent a few hours taking down the Christmas tree, decorations, putting gifts away, and organizing a few things. I'm always so ready for things to go back to normal! I know, I have a complex! It's just that after gifts are opened and breakfasts/dinners are eaten, it feels like Christmas is over- so might as well clean everything up. I know some people who leave their tree up until New Year. That would drive me crazy- I would need medication!

This year it was particularly bad. I have been so ready for Christmas to be over for weeks now! I'm not sure why. I usually get really into the season. This year I just wanted it over with! And now that it is, I'm so relieved and ready to enjoy the remainder of my break. So, today Bobby and I are spending the day together in Meridian. We're going shopping (those Visa gift cards are burning holes in our pockets! haha), eating at Outback (of course), and we're going to see 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'.

Sometime tonight or tomorrow I'll blog about my week full of Birthday dinners, travels to Philadelphia and Tennessee, and, of course, Christmas!

So, here's to Christmas being officially OVER! Let the countdown to Spring begin!

No comments: