Sunday, August 31

A Name For Hermit Crab

Last week during story time I read the book A House For Hermit Crab to my students. I made a huge prop for this story in college so I was able to use it again. After the story I informed my students that we would be getting our own hermit crab for our classroom. As part of their art time I had them construct/decorate their own hermit crab. Then, I came around and asked them what they would name it. I hung their pictures up all over the room- they were so cute! So, Friday night I purchased two hermit crabs for our classroom. Now, the problem is I'm not sure what to name them. The last two hermit crabs I had (yes, I've done this before for school) were named Fred and Ethel- I'm a huge I Love Lucy fan! I thought about picking two names from my students artwork. But, the other students would feel left out because I didn't choose their name. So, here are some pictures of our class pets. Their shells are really decorated- hence to go with the theme of the story. I'm taking suggestions from my blog fans. I thought about naming them Tori and Dean - yes, after my favorite show! Here's the question of the day. "What should I name our hermit crabs?"

No comments: