Saturday, August 16

New Beginnings

Lately I've been reflecting on myself, my life, my career, my family, and my friendships. I've come to realize that I'm at a very special and rare point in my life- my time for new beginnings. The last, and greatest, new beginning I had was during the time when God called me into 'my desert' (Birmingham) and I was saved. That was the best 'beginning' I will ever have. This new beginning I speak of now is a bit different. I'm really evaluating the things, and people, that do and do not make me happy. I'm at a very exciting time in my life. So, what's are my 'new beginnings'? There are several..... I just graduated college and I'm about to begin my new career as a teacher. In June I started on a new path in school towards earning my Master's degree in June '09 and beginning my Doctorate that August. Monday was my first day 'on contract' with my new job as a kindergarten teacher. My students will arrive on Monday morning ready for me to fill their minds with knowledge. My husband and I are also at an exciting time in our lives. Since I've graduated and am now working we are able to take action on several dreams we have for our life. We are looking at new houses and praying about this endeavor. We're also beginning to discuss and prepare for the possibility of children in our future. I've also made several new friendships with fellow Parkview teachers. I've been praying over several of my relationships/friendships and have finally come to some decisions. Thus, I've discovered what I do and do not want from friendships/relationships- a few have begun to fade away while others are strengthening.

The air is electrical. I feel it every year at this time, when Autumn is just around the corner- but especially this year with all of my new beginnings. I'm full of excitement for the future. During my college years it felt as if I were standing on the sidelines, waiting for that moment when my life could start. I'm finally a teacher- my true calling from God. It feels as if I've stepped into adulthood. I've jumped onto the track and am now running in the race called life. I've reached that point in my life where I've finally figured out what, and who, makes me happy, and what I want from life. I'm also more aware of just who I am and who I want to be. It feels as if my new life is starting. For the moment, I'm breathing a bit easier.

2 comments:

{Amanda} said...

this is an awesome time of your life Sylvia! i'm so happy for you and bobby...for the many things going on now and the many things to come =)

blessings to you!

Sylvia Grace said...

Aw, thanks Amanda! Yes, it's very exciting, but at the same time it's a bit scary! Good to hear from you!