Monday, November 25

Purging, Pajamas, and the Purpose of Christmas

Make Room For Christmas
Is it just me, or do the holidays make you nervous?

I mean like, nervous in a sense of oh-my-gosh-my-house-must-make-room-for-everything?

It's almost part of my holiday tradition- I always do a 'purge' of my house before and after the holidays.

Speaking of holidays- can you believe Christmas is one month from today? Craziness!

Today was purge day. Oh, how I love purge day. When I see my house lose weight, it makes me feel lighter too :)

I started by making room for decorations. MG's play nook is in our Christmas tree spot, so I set up shop for her in the dining room. It's empty right now and actually ended up being perfect! I'm excited about our new dining table coming in soon, but I will miss having her mess toys out of the way.

Instead of dishes and other lovelies, my floor-to-ceiling bookshelf is now home to books, dolls, puzzles, and art supplies.
Then I started on her closets, which led to tears over cute little summer frocks that she will never fit in again. I see just how much she has grown when I have to clean out closets.

Then I moved to the pantry- but alas, I still cannot make myself get rid of her bottles. They are tucked away up high, but in my mind, as long as they are there, I still have a baby in the house.

I think I'll save our room/office/closet for another day :)


Drop-Ins
My sweet friend, Libby dropped by this morning to bring me a happy - my Spark refill {hence the reason I had the energy to do the above}.
Missouri Momma is on her way over now and I and so excited for a chat while MG naps :) Since I'm home with the wee one these days, adult conversation is like heaven on earth!

And yes, I was in my jammies for both visits. That's just how I roll these days. Every day is a pajama day.


Last Session
Our last session for our current Bible study is tonight- and while I'm sad it's ending, it's really just the beginning. We've chosen a Bible study on the purpose of Christmas and I'm excited to get started. I love our weekly time with friends in the Word.


There you have it-  today's randomness.
Happy Cold Monday, Blogland!

No comments: