Friday, November 8

Five on Friday {Link-up #10}

Happy Friday, blogland!
Here's another fun Friday Five link-up- be sure to check out Joy at The Sowell Life to see her list as well as others!

One. There's An App For That
Those of you that know me in real life know that due to recent happenings we are now on a semi-gluten free diet. As hard as it is now, I'm dreading having to go completely gluten free in a a week. Here's a challenge and a way to walk in my shoes, next time you are grocery shopping, try to find as many things as you can that are gluten free, then report back to me :) Gluten= wheat, barley, rye. After a couple of meltdowns in the grocery store, someone mentioned an app to me. I heart my new ShopWell app- you enter your diet/allergies, then if you aren't sure about a product, scan the barcode and it will tell you if its a go or not. Plus, if it's something you can't have {like Goldfish crackers} it will give you several alternative substitues {usually brands that ARE gluten free}. There's also an app for GlutenFreeFastFood and is very handy for those quick, on the go visits.

Two. Coconut Oil
The whole brown-to-blonde-and-back-to-semi-natural thing has taken a toll on my hair. It's super dry and driving me crazy. Making things worse is the fact that since we are running {and sweating} almost everyday, I'm having to wash it daily. My hairstylist recommended putting Extra Virgin Coconut Oil on it overnight once a week. While I haven't tried it yet, I plan to this weekend. Pinterest even agrees that it's a good way to add moisture back to dry locks. :)

Three. Mommy Time.
While I hate getting up so early to run, I love having that time when I get back home. I usually have about an hour and a half to shower, dress for the day, actually fix my hair, read the morning part of my Bible study, spend time in prayer, blog, sip coffee, catch up on the news. Heaven. My days usually go so much better when I start them out with just a smidge of me time. I should do it everyday, but on morning that we don't run I'm oh so lazy and sleep until the baby wakes.


Four. A Cozy Fire.
I love having breakfast by the fire on these chilly mornings and reading a book in front of the coziness in the evenings. It's one of the few things I love about cold weather.

Five. Birthday Milestones.
My sweet friend, Missouri Momma, turns the big 3-0 today. Yes, I'm calling her out, and yes, I understand she'll do the same for me when it's my turn. I loved chatting with her during our run this morning, and MG and I are heading to her house for some girl time and celebration this evening. Fun! It's a little scary when your friends start hitting the thirty mark- because it means your walking that fine line, too. I am so thankful for sweet, caring, Christian friends like her that are always there and help encourage me in the faith.



There you have it- I blogged everyday this week. Granted, yesterday's post wasn't up until the evening, but it wasn't my fault. I'm passing blame to Blogger for taking way to long to upload photos ;)

Happy Friday, Lovelies!

 


2 comments:

Rachelle @ Inner Loop Adventures said...

Way to go, getting up and running every morning! My hubby and I used to do that, but we've gotten way out of practice. I bet that coconut oil would work really well for your hair. I've never heard of using it over night! It's worth a try, right?

Joy said...

How awesome for someone to tell you about that app! And I have bought the coconut oil... but I have yet to use it. Can't wait to see how it works with your hair!! And having some "me" time is always important! I'm glad you are getting some of that time, even if it means getting up at the butt crack of dawn! =) Happy Friday, and thanks for linking up and giving a shout out! Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!!