Friday, August 2

Friday Five {link up #6}

It has been a month since I fell off the Friday Five band wagon. I have been a slacker as of late- time to hop back on board!
One. Hello Vacation!
Today marks our first full day on vacay and we are excited to be exploring beautiful Callaway Gardens with our family. We are here in celebration of Nanny's {Bob's grandmother} 85th birthday! Needless to say, anytime the whole {and I mean everyone} family goes on vacation, it's bound to be fun, crazy, and full of adventure.

I have so much on my to-do list while here: Butterfly House with Mary Grace, zip lining, strolls around the grounds, swimming.... Oh what fun! A full recap will be up first thing Monday morning.
I do plan on visiting this gorgeous little chapel! Love!

Two. Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
Heaven in a bowl, I tell you. Bob's grandmother, Nanny, makes the yummiest ice cream on Sundays. My husband, who is somewhat of a connoisseur when it come to this frozen treat, sent me on a mission to get one for ourselves. Gone are the days of waiting hours around a loud machine, while mixing salt and ice.... hello quick, easy, and ready in twenty. Seriously, it is ready to go in twenty minutes flat. So far we've made vanilla, Oreo blast, and strawberry. All sinfully delicious. Just one bowl is impossible.


Oreo Blast in the making



Three. Follow Me by David Platt
 Bob and I recently started on this daily Bible study, and it is oh so good. Very eye opening- but be warned, it is guaranteed to step on your toes, which we all need in a way.  We read The Radical by David Platt a couple of years ago and loved it- so when I came across his study Follow Me, it was a must. After starting ours, we learned our men's group is doing the same study, and as a result a lot of our Sunday messages have corresponded with it- which is even better.



Four. Treehouse Masters
Ok, has anyone else seen this show? I am addicted. It's the craziest thing- they build the most amazing, I mean amazing, treehouses. They are fully livable- some even include spa steam showers. Confession time: I want to sell my house and live in one of these beauties. If this has sparked your interest, new episodes air Friday nights on Animal Planet.




Five.  Blogging Face-Lift
This little blog is currently gearing up for a massive make-over. I'm talking new colors, designs, and name. You read correctly: new name. I cannot wait for the big reveal!

Happy Friday from Georgia!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Sounds like y'all are about to enjoy a great vacation. Can't wait to read all about it. And the Mr LOVES ice cream... I might need to invest in one of those and start making different kinds at home. We are doing a year long devotional prayer book and we are loving it so far. Can't wait to see this new look on your blog! Love the suspense. Ha! Happy Friday, and thanks for linking up. Y'all enjoy your vacation!