Thursday, July 19

Porch Confession

I'm a bit embarrased to post about this, but thought doing so would further motivate me to fix the issue.

My front porch is a hot mess leaves something to be desired. My sweet neighbor came by for a visit the other day and came in through our front door. I was mortified that someone had seen my front porch up close. It hasn't been swept since.... gosh... March? And even then it wasn't me that did it.

My big pots contain mums from last October! They are dried up and hideous looking. When I apologized for the unsightly dead flowers, my dear neighbor said she just thought I'd had them dried or something. Love her!

Enter Pinterest. Where would we be without it, right?

After ooohhing and aaahhing over gorgeous front porches, I've decided to make this my next project. My husband has found two rocking chairs {they're white, but will probably be painted black}. I promised myself that I would purchase new topiaries {as was once there} to replace my dead mums, pronto! I've also decided to re-stain the front door a darker color and my husband has promised to get out the pressure washer.

In my defense, I never had a chance to plant Winter or Spring flowers. Bedrest, remember? Then when Summer rolled around I was busy with a new baby. I know what you're thinking... excuses, excuses.

I did sweep it yesterday! :) Hey, it's a start!

My back porch is equally embarrassing. Currently, I'm in the middle of cleaning chair cushions {one word: Louie}. That's a whole other post in itself.

Until I can post before/after pictures of my soon-to-be-pretty front porch, here are some fabulous front porches sure to make you drool!

{Hydrangeas. My fave!}


 {Perhaps a swing would be nice for the back porch}

 {Love the pops color}


No comments: