Friday, January 1

October, November, December

I am still alive- believe it or not.

The past few months have been a blur. Good things happened. Sad things happened. I needed a break from things- even blogging. I'm still in my gloomy frame of mind.

But alas, I'm back. I've been debating on how to catch my blog up on the past few months- at times I considered just leaving those three months as a mystery.

Lucky for you, I changed my mind.

October

The hubby and I took a well needed get-away to Vicksburg, MS. I'm a huge history buff and had been planning this escape for months. We stayed at a fabulous B&B, called Anchuca Mansion, click here to check it out.



I survived another field trip to the pumpkin patch and began counting down the days until Thanksgiving break.

November

I cried almost daily over my stats class.

Decided on a whim one Tuesday afternoon that I wanted a new car. That same day I drove home in a brand new $32,000 2010 Camry XLE (without my hubby even seeing it yet). A few days later, on Friday 13th, I made it official and put my name on the car. Of course,the first thing I did was put limo tint on it! I cannot stand riding in a car that doesn't have tint. I hate feeling like everyone can see me.... silly, I know. I love my new Camry. It has every option you can imagine (but for $32 K it better be loaded, right?).

The Camry the day I brought it home (before the tint).



The Camry next to my trusty old Altima. When I was 18 my mom bought me this car. I walked on the lot, picked out this brand new $25 K Altima SL, and she paid cash for it that day. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity! The Altima was the car I drove to my honeymoon in and had when I graduated college. Hopefully, the Camry will be part of many new memories, like bringing my first child home from the hospital in. =)


Over Thanksgiving break I killed a 5 point buck while hunting with my Daddy. This is a memory I'll forever treasure.


December

On December 2nd I took a personal day from work to take care of a few things. Everything went well and I could not have asked for a better day. A big thanks to everyone who sent up prayers!

Went to the movies all alone (felt so old in doing this!). Watched "The Blind Side" and fell in love! Awesome movie!


Finished up the semester and did some much needed celebrating. Thank goodness I passed stats!

Survived my class Christmas party- still not sure how I made it out alive. I was recognized during the Christmas awards program as 'growing the most students on the Winter CPAA assessment'. I was thrilled and very proud of my students. Needless to say, my class rocks!

I was a grinch this year and skipped several Christmas parties (including the faculty party at work).

While everyone else was counting down the days until Santa came, I was counting down the days until I could take down all the silly Christmas decorations. Yeah, it was that bad.

Was ecstatic that the hubby bought me John Mayer tickets! He's coming to Birmingham on Feb. 9 and I'm planning on going with my friend Mizz Hoppa. I know you are soooo jealous! (I also highly recommend his new album, Battle Studies. I posted a few songs from this album on my playlist at the bottom of my blog- 'assassin' and 'edge of desire are my two favorites').

Finished reading "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks. Now I cannot wait to see the moving coming out in January!




I bet you've stopped reading by now! =)
You are now up to date!

Happy New Year

1 comment:

{Amanda} said...

yay Sylvia! sooo glad you caught us up on the past 3 months =)

that mansion looks gorgeous...your new car is hawwwt...loved "The Blind Side" too...and yes, just a bit jealous about your Feb date with John!