Sunday, January 3

Make A Wish

When I was a little girl, my brother and I used to pick dandelions. We would hold then up to the sun, make a wish, then blow the seeds away...... We called them 'wishers'.


Once again I sit dreading what tomorrow brings- back to work and another semester of school. Yet, at the same time I find myself daydreaming of the possibilities that this new year brings- the hope of moving in the next few weeks, finishing my Ed.S in July and taking a much needed year off from the doctorate program, the beauty found when winter relinquishes it's grip and allows Spring to resuscitate the world, lazy summer days spent talking with my Dad while enjoying a cold Coke, finding my way back to where I'm supposed to be.....

Once again, I'm hoping for the future. I feel the exact same way I did this time last year. Earlier I read this post from one year ago and gasped when I realized just how fast 2009 disappeared. I'm still counting down the days until Spring break, etc... That's just who I am. However, this time around I'm not wishing time away- instead, I want to savor every minute.

At times, yes, life can really stink.

But every now and then, life is utterly beautiful- and is further illuminated by the peaceful hope ushered in by new year.

So....
Close your eyes and make a wish.
Now is the time dream.

No comments: