Thursday, January 7

on a happier note

I finally have good things to blog about! =)

Yesterday was MY day. So many good things happened. First, my principal finally came and did my mid-year evaluation. It could not have gone any better! I am so glad that is over with! We are scored on a scale of 1-4, with 1 being bad. I made all 4's. The only bad thing was that another K teacher asked if she could observe me teach reading, math, and maybe science. Awkward. I do not like having people watch me teach- especially my fellow teachers.

Let's see... what else. Oh, I'm getting 2 college students in my classroom. They have to do many hours of observations before they can enter the Eduaction program at MSU. They'll be in once a week from 8-12. At first I was NOT happy about this, but I've began to see the positive side. When I did student teaching my first placement was horrible. At one point I almost dropped out- the teacher was that bad. Now granted, these students are not doing student teaching, but I can still use this as an opportunity to show them the good side of education, give them good resources they can use one day, and hopefully spark a love of teaching and children in them.

On the moving front, my kindred spirit, T, has been helping us look for a place. She called last night with some good news. If everything goes according to plan we will be moving by the first of February.

I called and made an appointment with my hair stylist. I'm going to go from this blonde, blonde, blonde hair to..........brunette! I finally settled on a color and I'm ready for the change! I will definitely post before/after pictures. This is just my season of change- new hair color, new house, new car....

Yesterday was our first day back at MSU. I was happy to have a class from 4-6, and not 6-10. Even better was learning that this class is hybrid, so we only meet a few times. This is the way my other class is also. It's going to be so nice to be able to come straight home after work, spend some time outdoors, cook dinner, and actually sit and relax for a few hours instead of making it home after ten every night.

But, the best thing that happened yesterday was.......... having the principal announce that school was canceled today for a SNOW DAY! And, there's a good chance we will not be in school tomorrow either. So, I just got out of bed and I'm still in my PJ's. Here's to a snow day spent on the couch eating comfort food in my pajamas, sipping hot chocolate, watching Food Network, and doing some reading!

*update* School was also closed for Friday! Yay!

Now, all I need to make this day complete would be the SNOW. I don't think it's going to happen, but here's to hoping!

1 comment:

{Amanda} said...

yay, hope you had a lovely snow day! {we didn't get any snow, but they cancelled Thursday classes & had a delayed start on Friday}