Sunday, January 24

Bloom

I wanted to post about this great Christian online book club- Bloom. I found this while reading the popular blog, Bring The Rain (click the button on the left of my blog to visit this site). For those of you who are unfamiliar with this blog, it is written by Angie, a woman who lost her fourth daughter, Audrey Caroline. This blog is her diary of her journey through losing a child. I read the blog over Christmas break, starting from the beginning, and wept and wept. I encourage all of you to visit this inspiring blog.

Getting to the point- Angie, along with her friend, started Bloom Book Club. They choose a book, assign pages, and each week they post a video discussing their views on the book and how it touched them. You can also chat with other Christian women about the book and how it relates to you.

I missed the first book, Crazy Love, but I'm hoping to go back and read the book along with the corresponding blog posts.

The current book is 'Same Kind Of Different As Me'. Today the ladies posted the first video for this book. They also have a place where you can volunteer to provide books for women who cannot afford them. I'm very excited about reading this book along with them. I love to read, and I love book clubs even more! :) If you are interested, click on the button below to go to the Bloom Book Club. It's not too late to get a book and start with the girls. If you would like to donate books, that would be awesome!

2 comments:

Jamie Grizzle said...

You will LOVE Same Kind of Different As Me. Ben and I both read it and it was amazing!

Unknown said...

Thank you for mentioning Same Kind of Different as Me on your blog! I work with Thomas Nelson, and we would love to follow your blog and hear what readers think of this moving book. I also want to let you know that Ron and Denver have just released a new book What Difference Do It Make? which updates readers on their activity since the first book came out. Please contact me with your mailing address if you are interested in receiving a complimentary copy of the new book for review on your site at your convenience.

Thanks!

Jodi Hughes
pubintern@thomasnelson.com