Tuesday, May 12

Quote of the Week

You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates - but when it comes to the end, you have to let go. --- Benjamin Button

For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again. --- Benjamin Button

"You never know what's comin' for ya' "

These are my favorite quotes from the film, it's true, there are really no rules to life. People will always tell you what to do, how to think, how to behave, but in the end, it's your life, you have to live the way you want it to be. Don't be restricted by the norms, don't get tied down to conformity, don't settle on what you have at the moment. If you're unhappy about one aspect of your life, go and change it. Life is too short to be miserable or boring. Go and be spontaneous and don't take life so seriously. Be passionate about living life to the fullest. We're meant to experience great things.

Oh and yes, let go. Easier said than done. One lesson I'm having a hard time learning, but hopefully my 2009 will be a year of letting go of bad memories and useless emotions that are just tying me down.

2 comments:

{Amanda} said...

I started watching this Saturday night (CCBB), but Mason woke up so I only got halfway through. So far, it's an interesting movie!

Sylvia Grace said...

Let me know what you think when you finish it! I love it- it now ranks among my top three all time favs!

It really leaves you contemplating your life and priorities!

Plus, Brad Pitt is just too dang good if you know what I mean! (especially the scene where he's cruising on his old harley wearing a brown leather jacket. Reminds me of James Dean!)