Tuesday, May 12

Tickle Me ELMO


Back in February my school district offered this really neat deal. You could use your 1% money (money we get each year to spend in our classroom, this year it was about $180) to put towards getting an ELMO.

Well, I found out about this incentive after I had spent all but $12 dollars of my allotted money. Against a few coworkers negativity, I decided to give it a shot. Everyone said that I would never get an ELMO for $12.

Two weeks ago I received my ELMO.

Then, the second miracle happened. I did not have a projector in my classroom (to have one is the envy of most teachers). In order to use the ELMO, you have to have a projector. Well, after giving a spectacular speech to my principal and harassing the technology department, I was promised a projector.

When I left my room this afternoon they were installing my projector from the ceiling. They will hook it up to my ELMO and to my computer. So now I can use PowerPoints to aid in teaching, I can use fun quizzes as whole-group reviews, stream videos.....the possibilities are endless.

When I received my ELMO, one of my students asked what it was. I told them it was a gift from Santa. The student replied.... well, if it's from Santa why did the mailman bring it. I replied, "Because it was really expensive and it took Santa a while to raise enough money from his Christmas tree farm to buy it for me. So, even though it is a bit late, I'm really glad Santa didn't forget!"

For those of you who are out of the loop, I'm not talking about ELMO from Sesame Street!
This is the ELMO I get to play with tomorrow!

I cannot wait to play with it tomorrow!

Our theme has been 'Under the Ocean' so I can't wait to stream some ocean videos from NationalGeographic.com.

Hooray! =)

3 comments:

{Amanda} said...

Ohhh Girl, so happy for you =) Know you'll really enjoy getting to use this ELMO contraption!

PS Love this new layout & design...it's a clean, fresh page and your "gadgets" on the right side are cool =)

Sylvia Grace said...

Thanks! Yes, I almost wore it out on the first day! Ha!

It was nice to stream science videos etc onto the board.

My kiddos said it felt like they were at the movies! =)

Thanks for complementing my blog. I was supposed to be designing my friend T's blog, but I ended up redoing my- I even sat for an hour and redid my music player.

Sometimes you just need a change!

Layla said...

I am jealous! I saved my money for the ELMO and didn't get one. I was told the budgets were cut, and I wouldn't get one. I was very sad!