Thursday, May 28

Moving On Up.....To A Deluxe Desk In First Grade!



It's official- I survived my first year as a teacher.

Friday, May 22 was our Kindergarten graduation. It's the first one Parkview has ever had! The students were even able to wear the cutest cap and gowns- complete with a 2009 tassel!

I cried the entire morning- I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to make it through the ceremony! Surprisingly I made it through just fine......with the exception of my now infamous zebra panties!

I wore a dress to work that day- one in which I never wear a slip with because it's a bit thick and I always wear matching undies. Well, this particular morning after finding that all my matching unmentionables were dirty, I decided on my zebra print! I went through the entire ceremony never knowing that everyone could faintly see my zebra undies! If it hadn't been for my dear friend, Mizz Hoppa, I would have gone the entire day without knowing! Thankfully it wasn't as noticeable in darker rooms! However, in the Snoopy Center (our auditorium) and outside in the sunlight, you could see them plain as day! I even went to Wal-Mart not knowing about my 'situation'! After I found out, I quickly changed into my gyms clothes that I had in the car. The ensemble wasn't the cute pink dress I had picked out.....but at least I was decent! =)

Needless to say, sadness was quickly replaced by embarrassment and laughter! Even my principal noticed and commented on them! She now teases me relentlessly about them!

On the bright side, at least there were cute and not granny panties- or thongs as someone else noted!

Any who! Here are some pics of me on graduation day! You can't see my zebra prints in these pictures thanks to the dark breezeway! However, I did have several parents take pictures of me outside with their kids....... I cringe when I think of what those pictures might show! I hope I never know! Also, one of my parents is posting a video of the ceremony on youtube, once she emails me the link I'll post it..... I really want to see it because I'm sure you can see my unmentionables!

Check out those toned legs! ;)






Head Shot!

1 comment:

{Amanda} said...

Awww, well despite your zebra pantaloons you look great...and you'd have to really be looking for it anyhow right?

Yes you're lookin' great Sylvia! The Race for the Cure in Birmingham (5K) is Oct 10th OR the Vulcan 10K is Nov 7th...could you make either one?

I'll bring Baby Mason in the stroller and will be geared up if you can too; although that Vulcan Run will be killer with a stroller if it's the same course as 4/5 yrs ago =)