Thursday, May 28

Earth Day 2009

I know this is a few weeks late.....but you know what they say- better late than never!

For Earth Day our kindergarten classes planted flowers around the front of our building. I'm not sure who had more fun - the students or the teachers!

Here are a few pictures.....



The very lovely
Mizz Hoppa
She has been such a wonderful friend! Love her =)
(Even though we love her so much, somehow she managed to get stuck with the dirty work!)
Her quote "I need a hoe"! =)





Here is the other kindergarten teacher, Senorita!
As you can probably tell from the picture- she is a blast to work with!
She was also my mentor since I was a first year teacher!




Didn't you hear- I'm the Bomb Digity!





This pic shows just how much weight I have lost! Those pants are being held up by safety pins! =)
My waistline hasn't been that slender in years!
In this picture I weigh right at 125- down from 152 last December!








The Three Amigos!
(Just had to point out that you can now actually see my collar bone! I love that! Ha!)


Earth Day was a blast for our students! They really enjoyed planting flowers- we just had to remind them not to pick them! They always pick the blooming flowers and put them on our desks- soooo sweet! However, we wanted these flowers to last at least a week! ;)


We were given 'Green Bags' to use when shopping and packets of peas to plant. We planted them, watered them daily, and graphed each day how much they had grown. I must say, although I've had trouble with tomato plants, I can definitely grow pea plants!


This picture was taken one afternoon when two of the pea pots were accidentally knocked over. I had four groups/tables in my classroom: Red, Yellow, Blue, and Red. Each table had a pea pot and we were having 'The Great Sweet Pea Race" (since I call my kiddos my sweet peas, and refer to my classroom as 'the pea pod' =) .......... needless to say the Blue and Green tables were devastated when their pots were broken.


Nonetheless, we replanted them and they did just fine! =)


On a side note- although I'm not quite a 'Green Freak' or 'Tree Hugger', I am using my Green Bag when I go shopping! You never know, this just might be the beginning of a change! =)


Here is my Green Bag donated to us from Wal-Mart.

No comments: