Friday, April 25

Friday Five


This is one of those weeks that has flown by and I cannot believe the weekend is here already. Ya'll, it is a gorgeous, sunshiny day at the lake and I am typing this post as fast as my little fingers will go so I can hurry out and soak up those rays with my mini. On days like this I am so very thankful that I can spend days like this at home with my best girl. Today's agenda: a stroll around the lake with my mini and Lucy {the puppy}, popsicles on the back porch, swinging and sliding, a little light work in the flower beds, maybe a visit with my neighbor. Fun day, indeed.

Uno. Clinique's Moisture Surge CC Cream
I have been using the tinted moisturizer with SPF 15 for a couple of years now. It's my daily go to instead of heavier foundations. While stocking up on beauty necessities, I decided to give their Moisture Surge CC cream a go. Ya'll, this is the perfect daily go to for these warmer days. It has more SPF {30, to be exact} yet doesn't feel thick and sticky like sunscreen can sometimes do. It has good coverage, evens out skin color, and protects you from those harmful rays.

Dos. Mr. Clean Hawaiian Aloha
This is totally random, but I love this stuff! I have always used lemony/citrusy scented cleaning items. I once again stepped out of my usual picks, and gave this a try. It smells so good. Just saying :)

Tres. True Tori
I have always been a fan of Tori Spelling, and loved their reality show they had a few years ago. I was so excited to see this new documentary. The first episode aired this week and was heartbreaking to watch.

Cuatro. Date Night
Last Friday night the hubby and I took time away from the real world to have a date. This is a rarity. Don't get me wrong, we have dinner/lunch to ourselves fairly often, but it's usually followed by running errands, shopping, etc. This time around we had nothing on the agenda except spending time together. We went to dinner and then a movie. If you have not seen God's Not Dead, you should. Loved it! We are hoping to get away and see Heaven Is For Real.


Cinco. My First Column
I mentioned last week or so that my little blog is going places- to the Choctaw Sun paper. Well, this week marked my very first publication! My column featured on of my most popular reads, Immediate Obedience {Carrying Your Sign} and I am so glad that I came out bragging on Jesus. I have had such an overwhelming response from readers. Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement! Hearing that this week's post encouraged others in their walk with the Lord is just amazing to me. He deserves all the glory- I'm just the vessel He chose to use. I can't wait for next week's edition!

That's a wrap on another fun Friday Five link-up. Please check out Joy's Friday Five by clicking on the logo below, and browse other bloggers who have linked up as well.

This weekend is looking to be a no-makeup, soaking up the sunshine, spending time with my family, being lazy kind of weekend!
Happy Friday, lovelies!
  photo Signature3.png



1 comment:

Oddball Mind said...

Congratulations on your column! It was very inspiring to me. Love you.