Wednesday, August 29

Weather Day, Weekend Rewind, and a Highchair Hunt

Weather Day
Due to inclement weather as a result of Isaac, this lady has the day off and is spending a lazy day at home with my best girl. So far the weather has been fine- just a few drizzles and light winds. I know this is not the case along the coastal areas. We are praying for everyone that is dealing with the severe effects of this storm!

 {Right now, Mary Grace is dozing in her crib and I'm catching up on lesson plans, sipping hot tea, and watching I Love Lucy reruns}

Weekend Rewind
On Saturday, Mary Grace and I had a little shopping to do. We met up with my sweet friend, Chickadee, for lunch {Sake Sushi- my fave!}. Afterwards, we headed home to get ready for a night out with my Sunday School class. We were doing an outreach to try and grab some new members for our class. We so enjoyed our time with friends. On the way home, we made took a little detour to visit Mary Grace's sweet friend, Miss Addy {and her mom and dad ;)}. We always enjoy spending time with this sweet family.

Sunday was our church's Homecoming and the service and singing was wonderful! We left during the fellowship meal to get ready for some visitors. My sweet Aunt {Betty Boop} and Uncle came over to meet Miss MG and spend some time catching up. We so enjoyed having them over! We are already planning a trip to their little slice of paradise for a visit in the next month or so.


Highchair Hunt
I have been on the hunt for a wooden highchair. You know the kind, similar to those from the 50's. 
 I didn't want something that just screams B A B Y. Plus, I can already tell that cleaning the fabric cushions on the more modern types would be too much of a hassle for me. These days, simplicity is everything. Thanks to Nanny J, I finally found what I wanted.

I hope everyone is staying indoors and safe today!

No comments: