Sunday, August 5

Living The Life You Dream Of

After posting MG's 4 month update, I started thinking about this day one year ago.

So much has changed since that day.

I had reached a point in my life where I had no choice but to surrender my plans, my timing, to the Lord and wait for Him. I was tired of my arms longing to hold a baby- my baby. I hated how I felt when I found out someone was expecting.


Then came Aug. 5, 2011. The day we found out our prayers had been answered.

Looking back, I'm so glad things happened when they did, how they did. Though I had wanted a sweet bundle much sooner, I know wholeheartedly that the Lord's timing was the right timing.

Even still, one year ago I had a completely different view on how I wanted my life to be. Little did I know that pregnancy complications, bedrest, and even job loss were just around the corner. Little did I know, events were on the horizon that would change my plans.


My life today is almost unrecognizable compared to my life one year ago . The longing of my arms to hold my child has disappeared. Most days, my arms are hurting from holding my sweet baby girl way more than I probably should. Career wise I am at a very different place and can wholeheartedly say there is absolutely no where else I'd rather be. I have seen with my own eyes the mighty, healing hand of God. He has brought us through so much, and though it wasn't always easy, my faith in Him is much deeper because of it all.
 
I have been blessed beyond anything I'd ever dreamed- beyond anything I deserve. I thought I was living a full life- but it was full of frivolous, meaningless things. I didn't realize how empty it really was until it was filled to the point of overflowing with things that truly make a life.
 

I am living the life I'd always dreamed of..... I'm living my own happily ever after. The path to reaching this place was not what I'd planned. But in the end, the destination is the same.





No comments: