Tuesday, August 7

My Favorite Things: The Sniffles Edition

Poor Mary Grace has her very first cold. She has a stuffy nose and slight cough. Nothing a little saline mist and the oh-so fun bulb syringe can't fix.

Breaks my heart!

We went in for her four month check up- she weighed 12.12 lbs and was 23.75 inches long. She's right in the 30th percentile range for weight, length, and head circumference. Looks like she will be a petite little thing! 

Anywho, I thought I'd post a favorite things list to outline our must-haves while Miss Marry Grace is under the weather. Here are my six must have necessity items for times when our wee-one is sick.


Temporal Thermometer
When my darling is feeling under the weather, the last thing I could do to her is insert a thermometer...well, you know where. With the temporal thermometer, I just swipe it across her forehead and over her temple. No unpleasantness necessary. Plus, I can check her temp during the night without ever waking my sleeping beauty. They are a bit pricey, ranging from $50-$70 depending, but well worth the investment. My friend, Chickadee {who is also a nurse} recommended it while helping me register for baby items. I'm so glad she did!


Little Noses Saline Nasal Spray
Helps unclog things so my sweet can breathe easier. Pair this with a nasal aspirator to really help clear that stuffy nose. Not to be confused with the decongesting drops.

Infant Tylenol
A must with any sick baby to help tame fevers.

 
Vick's Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier
I love that we can insert the Vick's vapor pads. The aroma helps open up airways and makes breathing a bit easier. Plus, the nightlight is a bonus!

sick-baby-must-haves
Bulb Syringe
Yes, the beloved nose sucker {or snot sucker as we affectionately call it}. We kept the one given to us at the hospital- and thank heavens we did! The hospital type is the best in my opinion. We have four other brands and they are all junk. We considered purchasing one of the battery powered aspirators, but have heard more bad reviews than good from fellow Mommies.



Little Colds Chest Rub
I despise the smell, but if it works, it works! This really seemed to help Mary Grace breathe easier.



There you have it! Our must-haves when our little peanut is battling the sniffles.

What are your go-to items to help get your little one on the up-and-up?

No comments: