Wednesday, August 4

What's Next?

After over two months of hiatus, I'm back to blogging. I could do a recap of the happenings in my life that took place during my 'vacation' from you, but I'll spare you this time. There are only three major events that you need to know about- and one of them happened tonight:
  1. I left my previous elementary school and took a job at a school in Alabama. As you know, this has been on my heart for months. I think I've finally found what I've been searching for.
  2. We moved into our new home. You would not believe how much stuff we've done to this place (more of this to come soon).
  3. I am no longer a college student.
Tonight was my last night of class at MSU. No, I'm not just finishing up one semester and waiting on another to begin. I'm really, truly finished. I now have an Ed.S degree and must take a one year hiatus before beginning my dissertation.

I cried the whole way home. College is my thing. I'm a college student and have been for over six years. Being a college student has been a major part of my identity for so long. It's almost like graduating high school- except I've been in college for six years instead of four.

I honestly do not know what to do next. What will I do with all of that time? I know, most sane people would respond vibrantly "You can do whatever you want!" Although I recognize the sheer beauty in that thought, I'm not ready to have time on my hands.

What did I do when this thought of too much time crept into my restless mind? Well, aside from cello lessons I've signed up for a cake decorating class at the local community college. Yes, remember all those times I said "I'll never leave school. I'll be the grandma at the local college taking pottery classes"- I wasn't kidding.

Okay, in all seriousness- I've reached the point in my life where it's time to move on. My only question is- move on to what? That's what I'm searching for. Am I ready for the whole 'settle down and have a baby' thing- truthfully, I wholeheartedly believed I was (I had a bad case of 'the fever' for 18 months). But now I'm not so sure.

I don't know what I want to do next. All I know is I want to DO something. You might find me quite changed since I last wrote. I feel I'm on this crusade to figure out who I am, what I want, and what my purpose is. So, until I find what it is I'm looking for and who it is that I am, this blog will serve as my diary of sorts. This is where I will discuss the thoughts, ponderings, up, downs, laughs, tears, and adventures that take place when a 20-something year old girl sets out to explore all the dimensions of life.

No comments: