Thursday, August 19

Eat. Pray. Love


True, I picked up this book because I'd heard such rave reviews- but I also picked it up because, like Liz, I'm on a quest for something (not sure what it is, and I definitely do not have the luxury of living abroad while I figure it all out). I'll admit the book is really hard to get into. Then I made the mistake of going to see the movie before I finished reading the book. I was sorely disappointed in the movie and, as a result, have lost my desire to finish the book. Normally the idea of not finishing a book would drive me crazy- but several people close to me have read it and say I'm not missing out on much. Maybe I should have listened to them rather than the critics.

I hate that this post is coming off like I'm bashing the book. I'm sure it is a great book (I can't really say one way or the other because I myself have not finished it). It just was not the page turner that I thought it would be.

Who knows, maybe I'll finish it, maybe I won't. But as of now here's where this book stands with me.

No comments: