Wednesday, August 12

The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffeneger

I give this book 4.5 / 5 stars

My good friend, Chickadee, and I are big Eric Bana fans. So, when I began seeing advertisements for his new movie The Time Traveler's Wife I began investigating. Once I found that his new movie is actually based on a book, I decided to give it a try. I'm also a huge Rachel McAdams fan!

I highly recommend this book! The story between Henry and Clare is so unbelievably moving that you become entranced in their love and thus cannot put the book down! =) This is a real pager turner! I just finished reading it about 20 minutes ago and I'm still teary eyed from crying like a baby. I couldn't wait to see what what going to happen to Clare and Henry, but at the same time I hated finishing the book because I didn't want the story to end. I'm definitely going to miss these characters.

The movie opens in theaters Friday. Chickadee and I are going to have a girls night out and watch the movie. I just hope the move is half as good as the book!

In case you've been living under a rock and have not seen the millions of previews on TV for this movie, here is the trailer......







For my next reading love affair, I've decided to take the plunge and dive head first into the Twilight series. I will admit that I've rolled my eyes several times at the mention of the movie or book series. However, I decided to be 'open minded' (there I go again!) and watch the movie. I ended up loving the movie! I bought the book a few weeks ago but decided to read The Time Traveler's Wife first. I'm actually excited about the next installment, New Moon, coming out in theater's in late November. I'm starting on Twilight this weekend. I've heard the book is better than the movie- so, we shall see!

No comments: