Monday, August 31

Third Day Curse

I'm cursed when it comes to the third day of school.

Last year one the third day of school I had a student throw up on me.

Today- the third day- I had a student pee on me..... Yep, you read correctly. A student urinated on me.

I knew I had to change clothes but was faced with three dilemmas.
  1. I carpool with someone and today she drove- so I did not have my car.
  2. I live an hour away so going home/getting someone to bring me clothes was out of the questions.
  3. This month our check was not direct deposited... so I had not gotten paid and had $8.47 in my checking account. Hardly enough to buy new clothes. (People who get paid only once a month can relate!)
Thank goodness for my dear carpool friend! (I'll have to come up with a pseudonym for her later). She let me drive her car to the mall. I was petrified! She just bought a brand new car... and the way my luck was going today I just knew this would be the time I would have an accident. Thankfully I made it back with her car in one piece! She also let me use her debit card to get some clothes- and I would pay her back once I cashed my paycheck.

Well, I get to the mall at 9:30 and discover that the stores do not open until 10. Big problem considering the entire front of my pants/shirt is covered in urine... and I smelled really bad! I stood outside the gate of NY&Co watching the sales associates prepare for the day.

I was able to convince a very pregnant lady to hear me out for just a minute.... after hearing my story she slipped me into the store. I ran straight to the dressing room and stripped down. She then passed me some wet wipes.... and when I say I bathed in wet wipes, I mean I literally bathed in them! The lady asked me what I wanted to wear and I said "I'm wearing brown shoes so anything that matches them will be fine". She tossed me some pants and a shirt and I was off to check out.... still wearing the tags on my clothes!

I got the name of the sales associate and I plan on sending her a nice thank-you gift! She was really very sweet! I also owe my carpool friend more than just money! She was a life saver!

Lesson I learned in school today: Next year, call in on the third day of school!

As if the peepee story is bad enough, when I left my classroom this afternoon the toilet in my classroom bathroom was over flowing.... YUCK! I left it for the janitors to deal with! I'd had enough 'stuff' for the day! =)

No comments: