Thursday, August 20

Classroom Cutesies- Part 1

A few weeks ago (before we went to the beach), I was beginning to think I'd die of boredom! So, I decided to go ahead and start on my classroom early- that way while everyone else was working on theirs, I could take the rest of my summer vacation off! Plus, I had several projects that I knew would take alot of time to complete.

Last year I inherited tons and tons of stuff in my new classroom - the teacher before me retired after many years of teaching. While I was greatly appreciative, the majority of her things were not my style. However, I had just signed my contract and was not yet receiving paychecks- so I had to make do with what I had.

This year I went all out! I've spent roughly $650 from this paycheck alone on my classroom. I HATE that I don't have more pictures from last year so you could see just how different my room is now!

Any who- alot of the things for my classroom I've made. I wanted a cute door hanger for my classroom. Instead of paying out the wazoo for one, I decided to use my own flare and creativity.

Here's my creation!
I found these canvases at Big Lots for $3. I bought new brushes for $3. The ribbon came from Wally World for $2. I used the paint I already had in my classroom.

I painted the canvases, hot glued the ribbon on, and VOILA! It has been Sylvia Graced! haha

The whole project cost $8 and only took 1 hour (including the time it took the paint to dry!).


Stay tuned for Part 2 - the most drastic change I made to my classroom! Until then, here's a sneak peak....

Hmm... what on Earth could I be up to?!?

1 comment:

Theresa Tyson said...

OK!! I am dying to see what you are up to with the paint mask!!
TTYL Theresa!!!