Friday, May 24

Frame It Friday

Confession time.
  • There is not one single photo of my child hanging on my walls.
  • As a matter of fact, there isn't a single thing hanging on my kitchen or living room walls.
  • I have so many things I want to display to help warm our home but never seem to tackle these projects.
  • We have pictures taken every 3 months, yet I have not ordered any prints. Ever.

Please don't judge me to harshly. They say the first step to recovery is admitting your problem. Honestly, when it comes to framing pictures I really don't have any excuses- other than it has snowballed and become so large that I'm not sure if I'll ever catch up.

Baby steps, dear. Baby steps.

While browsing through Pinterest {where would we be without it, right?} I stumbled upon this link which gives 5 ideas on things to frame. Along with pictures, adding these are a sure fire way to warm up any home.

Hello inspiration!

5favoritethingstoframs 300x300 5 Favorite Things to Frame
 Music
Smile is one I always sing to Mary Grace when she cries, Shall We Gather At the River is my favorite hymn, Precious Memories was hung on my grandmother's wall and always reminds me of her, and Beautiful by Dee Carstensen is sung to Mary Grace each night {it was also played at our wedding}. Simple, easy, and meaningful!
 Framed Music.Framed music......







Maps
I plan to frame a few maps of places I'd love to go as well as a map of our small hometown.
 


Personal History Documents
Love notes, Mary Grace's future artwork, cards from my great-grandmother,  letters from my dad..... anything meaningful. Right now, these precious documents are hidden away in a hat box in my closet. Soon they will have a new home where I can see them often and reminisce.


Toys
I'm going to add to this- childhood items. Whether it's Mary Grace's handmade smocked gown or her favorite book, or first birthday invitation -  these would be great to place on her walls!
Framed Book Covers!  Definitely a dream for the future! Love Mary Kay Andrews!!!
{Love this idea of framed book covers}









{L.O.V.E how they framed the gown, bonnet, and shoes}

Recipes
Genius I tell you. I always struggle with what to hang in my kitchen. Problem solved.  My Granny's recipe for homemade cake icing, Nannie's bread recipe, Aunt Betty's hamburger pie {which she always baked for me in a heart shaped dish}....



There you have it - the top 5 favorite things to frame. I'm going to add one more category below.

Quotes & Scripture
I love quotes and have one for every occasion in life. While in college I started a quote book - just a simple little notebook where I keep my favorite quotes and scripture. It's great  to look through when searching for that perfect line to add to a card, or during those valleys in life.
 


What are some other fun ideas fit for frames?

Happy Friday, Ya'll!

No comments: