Wednesday, June 13

Travel Essentials

The Necessities

  • diapers and wipes (way more than I think I could possibly need)--however, the hubs suggested just taking a few and then once we arrive swinging by Target and buying enough for the week. This would definitely save precious cargo room.
  • bottles/formula/gas drops/pacifiers/Boudreauxs's booty paste
  • bibs/burp cloths
  • onesies (for sleep time)
  • daytime outfits (1-2 per day; hello spit up happens!)-- The rental house has a washer/dryer, so I thought about packing less outfits and then just washing them as needed. Then again, I'd have to do laundry on my vacation.... hmmm.
  • swimsuits/sun hats/and the cutest pair of baby shades
  • Little Swimmers diapers (almost forgot these)
  • blankets (Aden+Anais blankies are the perfect combination of lightweight yet can be folded for added thickness- my faves!)
  • bath products (shampoo/all over body wash/lotion)
  • pack n play/extra sheets/disposable multi-use pads
  • bouncy seat (maybe)
  • playmat/toys
  • accessories: hairbows, socks, shoes, etc
  • sunscreen (will try Water Babies brand)
  • stroller/car seat
  • diaper bag with all our go-to items
  • Sleep Sheep (cannot leave home without him!)
The Extras
  • camera/video camera/chargers
  • baby float for the pool
  • Easy-Up tent for beach
  • Infantino baby carrier (not sure if I'll use it or not, but I'd rather have it than not, just in case)

Whoa! I'm exhausted just typing this, let alone actually packing/organizing it. All of that for such a little person. If I start today I might be finished in time to leave early Saturday morning.In between packing, I'm also trying to clean up the house before we leave. Plus, we still need to wash/clean out our vehicles.

Okay Mommies out there, if there is anything I need to add to the packing list, please let me know. This is my first time packing for an extended trip with baby in tow so I can use all the suggestions you can give.

1 comment:

Oddball Mind said...

Patience... plenty of patience... and... yeah... don't forget to pack Your Clothes...'